Canadian Organic Growers (COG) is a national charitable organization (13014 0494 RR0001) with members and chapters in all regions of Canada. COG’s mandate is to lead local and national communities towards sustainable organic stewardship of land, food and fibre while respecting nature, upholding social justice and protecting natural resources.
COG is connected to work at the local level through 13 regional chapters, four affiliated organizations, and is also tied to the international organic community through membership in the International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements (IFOAM).
COG’s membership is diverse and includes farmers, gardeners, processors, retailers, educators, policy makers, and consumers. COG members believe that organic food production is the best choice for the health of consumers and producers, for the protection and enhancement of the environment, and for the sustainability of the food production system.
For more information on COG, visit the national website
About COG OSO
COG is served In Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec by the Ottawa – St. Lawrence – Outaouais (OSO) Chapter. COG OSO was founded around 1980 by Sally Gray. The chapter actively reaches out to farmers, gardeners, educators, and folks who care about eating healthy food and living in healthy environments, through a wide range of programs and events. It has all been possible thanks to the hundreds of member supporters and friends, many of whom volunteer to deliver our services in this region.
The programs and activities of COG OSO are planned and managed by a Steering Committee made up of volunteers. Click here to meet our steering committee members!
COG’s national office manages membership, but when you become a member you can can choose to be a member of your local chapter at no additonal cost by selecting the chapter option on the membership form.To become a member of COG, you can complete the online form, or a downloadable PDF file that you can print and return by postal mail by clicking here. COG Membership is now by donation. When you make a donation of any amount, you will have an annual COG Supporter Membership.
As a member you will receive:
- Four digital copies per year of The Canadian Organic Grower, Canada’s only national magazine for organic producers and consumer*
- Receive discounts on COG’s publications
- Access to Canada’s largest free lending library of organic books and resources
- Monthly e-news to keep you up to date on the local organic food scene
- Quarterly issues of Down to Earth, COG OSO’s member newsletter
- Invitations to COG OSO events and workshops.
** All funds collected by COG for membership support the services provided by our national office. If you would like to support the services provided by COG OSO you can make a donation directly to us.
* Annual hard copy subscription to the Canadian Organic Grower magazine is available for an additional annual cost of $20.34 (including HST) to cover printing and postage and does not include a charitable tax receipt