We are always thrilled to welcome new volunteers. Are you looking for something that only asks a few hours of your time each week, or each month? Perhaps you have time in the summer, but not the rest of the year? Are you motivated to take on some leadership roles, or would you prefer pitching into a group where someone else took the lead?
As our programs continue to expand and people keep coming up with new ideas, our need for enthusiastic volunteers continues to grow. Growing Up Organic and Senior Organic Gardeners programs are terrific groups for volunteers with expertise in gardening plus experience in working with children and seniors.
Becoming a volunteer involves a few steps:
- Send a note to indicate your interest: email@example.com
- If you signed up at the COG OSO Booth, await a contact from the Chapter.
- Read the Backgrounder about COG OSO and fill out the application form that you receive
- Take part in a telephone or in-person interview and provide two references
- For some roles in COG OSO we ask you to provide us with or apply for a Police Check for which we can provide you a letter so that there will be no charge.
- Take part in the Orientation (including Awareness for working with Disabled)
- Keep in touch with our Coordinator of Volunteers from time to time